Spring 2017 Recipe Contest
The Home Sweet Home Recipe Contest has become an annual tradition. Current Virginia Tech students, Alumni, family and friends are eligible to enter their favorite recipe from home to be included in the Home Sweet Home cookbook. Recipes are judged by Dining Services’ executive chefs, and the winning dishes will be served during brunch as part of Spring Family Weekend, date to be determined.
Winners will be selected from the following categories:
- Appetizers & Beverages
- Soups & Salads
- Vegetables & Side Dishes
- Main Dishes
- Breads & Rolls
- Cookies & Candy
- This & That
Each contributor will receive a cookbook featuring all of the contest entries. Winning contributors will receive a behind-the-scenes tour of D2 at Dietrick Hall, a personalized cutting board, a personalized cookbook, and their student will receive $50 in Dining Dollars. One grand-prize winner selected from among the category winners will receive two nights lodging at the Inn at Virginia Tech during Spring Family Weekend. Read the contest rules.
New to the Home Sweet Home Recipe Contest?
To help you get ready to enter your recipes we have prepared a recipe entry tutorial.
Ready to begin?
Start by filling out our entry form. You will be directed to the typensave site after you fill out this form. Deadline for entries is February 17, 2017.
Congratulations to the Spring 2016 Recipe Contest Winners*
- Hot Crab Dip from Jordan and Nancy Barringer of Fredericksburg, VA
- Stuffed Pepper Soup from Robert and Ryan Jakiel of Haymarket, VA
- Hokie Home Fries from Leah and Mark McVeigh of Newtown Square, PA
- Hokie Maroon Chicken Curry from Ben Spickard of Raleigh, NC
- Pane Bianco from Natasha Laramie of Sterling, VA
- Strawberry Ricotta Cake from Jordan Arbuckle of Blacksburg, VA
- Soft Snickerdoodles from William Ellson of Blacksburg, VA
- Football Team Energy Bar from Pamela Hilton and Silas BUsh of Kingsport, TN